Sunday, August 11, 2019

Day 10: First Celebrity Crush

We've all had a celebrity crush at some time or another in our lives. Many of us have crushed on more celebrities than we had poster wall space for. Growing up my sister's and I were not ashamed to express our love for all types of celebrity male characters, some of whom we were fortunate to be allowed to put their faces on our walls without our father yelling his brains out about it or making us take them down. He would especially be vocal about the fact that most of our crushes were white males, and we are clearly black females. While he may have had an issue, we certainly did not.

To pick just one crush would be unfair to all the rest. Howsoever, this challenge post requires the very first crush. I must admit, I 'm hesitant to say who that would be. What celebrity was the first to capture my heart as a young child through television or film or entertainment to whom I'd give the title of the first?

For me, I think it starts with the celebrity who I first remember having dreams about.


Michael Jackson. 

Maybe it's because of his artistic videos and performances, but they stayed with me. Like so many others around the world, I've been captivated by him for the better part of my life. I'm so upset he's now gone, but he lives on in my dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment