Saturday, August 24, 2019

Day 23: Pet Peeves


 We all have those things that just set us off. We get to a point of being so annoyed and frustrated that you react with an attitude. Sometimes they force us to speak up or take action whether we are dealing with strangers or people who we are familiar with.

 I think knowing someone's pet peeves is a great way to understand them and their behaviors. So, in order to help you get to know another aspect of who I am, here is a list of my top pet peeves. They are in no particular order and cover a variety of instances and categories. 



1. People who do not cover their mouths when they sneeze, cough, burp/belch, or yawn (AND DON'T YOU DARE USE YOUR HANDS EITHER! Use your sleeve, arm, or napkin. Nasty!)



2. When people take 30 napkins, use 1, then throw all the rest away!! (stop waisting!! Do you know that there is a mother somewhere who needs those for her snot-nosed kid?!)
3. People who put all of their business and every detail on social media (get a journal)
4. Men who don't walk on the outside (it's old fashioned but chivalrous)


5. When you ask me a question, I answer it, then you repeat my answer (if I needed a tape recorder...)
6. People who like their own pictures and posts on social media (get a friend lol)
7. When visiting a place of business or establishment and no one greets me, especially the receptionist or associate who should be directing/helping me anyway (you obviously were never an usher growing up lol)


8. When you ask me a question during a conversation just so that you can answer it.
9. People that have to pepper their speech with profanity (you've failed every vocabulary test ever, didn't you?!!)
10. Using hand sanitizer as a cleanser (soap and water, hun)
11. People who don't say "excuse me" when they should (which is more often than exercised)
12. Incorrect grammar and word usage- written or spoken (especially as one who claims to be a professional or educated)


13. Negative/toxic people (I'm too positive to put up with you. I'd be good and doggone to let you bring me down...so way, no how! No ma'am, no sir!)
14. Males, especially men over age 25, who wear their pants below their waist, and with a belt on!! (what was the point in dressing at all? NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOUR NASTY DRAWLS!)


15. Eyebrows that look like you took a permanent marker to your face (get a stencil sis)

No comments:

Post a Comment