Friday, August 16, 2019

Day 15: Timeline of My Day


   Recently I've been focusing on trying to develop a consistent routine and regimen. I definitely live a life of unpredictability and inconsistency. No two days are the same. There are very few things that I do regularly in the same way at the same time each day. In fact, most days, there is no set schedule. This is why I have to focus on changing that now. You see, without a routine, it's hard to have balance. For the things I am pursuing, I certainly need to consider a more consistent schedule. Having a balance in my life is necessary for the growth and development that I am personally pursuing.


   Yet, in the meantime, while I figure out what works best for me right now, I can rundown what the timeline of my day has been over this summer. It's not very interesting at all actually. I am currently an unemployed single mother with no money and no resources so I couldn't afford summer camp for my son and have been struggling to figure out how to keep him entertained and prepared for the 5th grade in the Fall at the same time. I say this to say, I have tons of free time this summer and my busy schedule is primarily on the weekends. Once school begins again and I start to really get my life together again and get a new job, I'll actually have a concrete more predictable way of living.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                                                       The thought actually makes me quite uncomfortable. I mean I think I prefer not having a set schedule every day. I like each day being a new adventure.

   But, getting to this entry... a typical timeline of my day (this summer):

7:00am     -  Alarm goes off
7:15am     -  Potty
7:20am     -  Back to bed
8:00am     -  Plan on getting up 
9:05am     -  Toss pillows around in bed while listening to favorite YouTube playlists
9:57am     -  Potty/Get up for real this time
10:10am   - Shower
11:00am   -  Wake the boy up
12:00pm   - Eat together
1:00pm     - Pretend to do chores and clean up the bedroom
2:00pm     -  Fight boy to do his summer reading workbook
3:00pm     -  Eat again
5:00pm     - Head to a meeting
6:30-7pm - Concert/Dinner Date
9:30pm    - Boy to bed
10:00pm  - Be grown 
12:00am  - Try to be in bed asleep to get up early the next day
1:00am    -  Probably out/up still being grown

  See, not very exciting. I'm working on it though... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment