Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Day 20: Where I want to be in 10 Years

In ten years, it will be the year 2029. I will be 46 years old, my son will be 20 years old and hopefully enjoying the third year of his college education.

Now, while a massive asteroid is predicted to hit Earth on April 13, 2029, I am planning on several major things and have certain expectations of my life that will continue even after we realize this was all a hoax or too far away to actually make contact with the Earth's atmosphere. With the expectation that we've survived a recession (expected 2020-2029), a few major natural disasters, and massive technological advances in all industries, I think my view of my life is realistic and adjustable accordingly. No sci-fi expectations here.

When I dream and envision the future, my life is 1000times better than what it is right now. On the surface, I am much thinner and healthier. My hair is straight and colored. My skin is even, smooth, and clear. I don't walk with a limp. Haven't had any more life-changing accidents that give me a handicap or cause me to be physically unwell in any way. I've become disciplined in my health and diet that in ten years I'm a master at it and have a regimen that works for my son and I. My goal is to get to a place in my life where I may be a certain age but I certainly don't look like it. In fact, I plan on looking much younger. I'll be 46 but I'll look 26. Ha!

To be perfectly shallow, I also see a beautiful home, luxury car, full chic/professional/simple wardrobe, simple diamonds that I've purchased for myself along with a set of pearls and my birthstone in my fancy jewelry armoire. I'd be sleeping every night in a kingsize bed adorned with a million fluffy pillows and the silkiest, most plush sheet sets ever made. My luxury but minimalistic lifestyle will fascinate most.

Professionally, I want to be a millionaire entrepreneur still working in the beauty/fashion industries. I want to be a successful public speaker with bookings to present all over the world. I want The Literacy Empowerment Initiative (my soon-to-be non-profit organization) to continue being a staple for literacy empowerment and awareness for intergenerational, interracial, multifaceted people in the urban communities of our nation. I want to be the director of a beauty pageant with several titles under my own belt (I plan on competing again next year, by the way). I want to have a high-tech, high-class, highrise office out of which I work with my own project management firm.

I dream often, more recently now than ever before, about being more civically and politically involved. I imagine that within the next ten years I've had a significant amount of local involvement that sets me up for future political success. I'll still be very young and not 50 years old yet, so I want to be prepared by then to hold some sort of local political office. I want to become so civically engaged that it isn't a surprise to anyone once I decide to run. I'd have the support and the leverage to make for a successful campaign and win. I'd have relationships forged and strongly built with the right organizations, politicians, media partnerships, and community leaders/organizers.

I've realized that I am one who needs validation every now and again. Within the next ten years, I want to do so well at whatever I'm involved in that I continue to be nominated and awarded in various areas and arenas. My work as a civic servant continues and others recognize it and want to celebrate it.

I'm certain there are tons more things I could add, but this is it off the top of my head.
Does anything from my list match what you have on yours? How different is how you see yourself from how I see myself? Do share in detail in the comments. Thanks for taking the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment