Saturday, August 3, 2019

Day 3: Meaning of My Business Name

As I continue along on this entrepreneurial journey, today's blog challenge post helps me to remember why I'm doing it. As I embark on new business ventures and try to remain consistent in branding while reestablishing some key elements to my brand, the meaning of my business name remains significant.

Queen Status and Miss A Makeup fall under a business umbrella called Andrea Enterprises. That's my main business. It encompasses my makeup business, my artistry as an actress and model, The Literacy Empowerment Initiative (soon-to-be a non-profit organization), my beauty queen endeavors, and this blog. Because I am so multifaceted, I needed something that made that statement without a bunch of words or confusing slogans. I looked up what an enterprise is and realized that that's exactly what I am and what I manage for myself.

enterprise
[ˈen(t)ərˌprīz]
NOUN

  1. a project or undertaking, typically one that is difficult or requires effort.
    "a joint enterprise between French and Japanese companies"
    synonyms:
    undertaking · endeavor · venture · pursuit · exercise · activity · operation ·
  2. a business or company.
    "a state-owned enterprise"
    synonyms:
    business · company · firm · (commercial) undertaking · venture ·
    • entrepreneurial economic activity.
      "an economic environment which encourages enterprise" · 

My business name is Andrea Enterprises and it means that I am operating as a company with several undertakings which require initiative and resourcefulness centered around what I offer through my service and artistry. It also leaves plenty of room for new businesses in the future without losing the foundation of my brand and what it means.
Good idea, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment