Thursday, August 1, 2019

Introduction - The 31 Day Blogging Challenge

I'm starting ALL OVER AGAIN!!
Literally... it's Thursday, August 1, 2019, and I am beginning this blogging journey ALL OVER AGAIN!
I keep doing this to myself. I keep stopping, second-guessing myself, getting convicted, feeling a bit motivated someway/somehow, then I start ALL OVER AGAIN!
This happens in nearly EVERY area of my life! It's freakin' annoying! For once, I'd like to start something and complete it. I'd like to begin a challenge and be able to get all the way through it. I wish to have success... for myself!!!

I guess that's what part of this journey will be. Self-discovery in a sense that will allow me to finally understand why I keep... self-sabotaging my personal growth and development efforts. I'm creative. I've got tons of great ideas. I've just seemed to have lost my drive. Motivation is not enough. I lose it too often. It isn't valuable to be motivated anymore. I need a DRIVE!

I'm so nervous to start this journey again. I've tried my hand at blogging in the past and it was so much fun. I love writing and journaling. I can't tell you what exactly happened to make me step away from it. I know for certain my motivation had disseminated. My motivation has disseminated in most areas of my life....which is why I am forcing myself to start this journey YET AGAIN!

Hi!
I'm Andrea. I am a proud Philadelphian. I am a published model, award-winning freelance makeup artist, growing actress, beauty queen, and director/founder of The Literacy Empowerment Initiative. I am a single mom of one son, Andrew Gregory, who is the absolute love of my life! I love what I do, although most people in my life tell me that I do too much. Of course, it would seem that way to people who couldn't walk a day in my shoes doing half of what I do. But, I live without regret of the services I give and the life I strive toward, and a drive for learning and encountering new experiences and new people every day.

I'm on this journey of the 31 Day Blogging Challenge for the month of August 2019, after a previously failed attempt this past March, because I know it will help me to be disciplined and get back to writing. I am hoping this will help me to be more articulate and know my own voice. Now, I know the challenge calls for a post daily for 31 days straight, however, after this challenge I will NOT be posting every single day. This is simply a jumpstart to my blog!

I do enjoy a good challenge, even if I keep failing (obviously). I do keep trying, though, so I guess that speaks volumes to my determination! I'll take that as a personal compliment to myself. Thanks, self.

Guess we shall see.
I'm late. It's the evening now and almost August 2nd, but I did it! Each small win will count and I will try to celebrate that for myself.

Cheers to a brand new start!!

It's a pleasure to meet you. I look forward to connecting with you again real soon.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment