Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Day 6: 3 Personality Traits I am Proud Of

Any time to self reflect is a good time.

With this topic, I am forced to take an introspective look at myself and really consider the things I most value about myself. What personality traits am I most proud of? Sometimes it's hard to look at yourself that in a way that makes you almost pat yourself on the back. What about me makes me proud? What traits do I own and am confident in? What traits do I want others to know about me and value in me?

This is not simply a self-esteem topic, though. It's about overall traits. What about your interactions, how well you connect with others, your decision making, your attitudes, your habits, your hobbies that all show your true personality?

When considering the overall traits I have, I believe the three personality traits that I'm most proud of would be:

  1. My ability to connect with all types of people in all types of situations. I have a strong interconnectedness and an ability to learn quickly how best to make a connection with someone. I have the ability to make them feel good about themselves, to laugh, and certainly smile, all in a short period of time. Connecting with people is something I've always desired, even as a shy little girl. Being able to do that now with all types of people (the elderly, thugs, children, foreigners, politicians, ill-mannered children or whomever) is something I am definitely proud of and hope to use in the future to make my corner of the world a better place.
  2. Whatever language my eyes speak draws people in, and they are my favorite feature. I have the ability to seduce with my eyes, make people believe that I'm listening (especially when I'm not but I want them to think that I am), and show all types of emotion simply just by looking a certain way. I think this is a strong trait, although it gets me into trouble oftentimes. While I love this power, I do not always master it properly, and sometimes the wrong message gets sent to the wrong person at the wrong time, and it can cause a bit of confusion and conflict. For instance, there have been plenty of times when I'd be daydreaming about a happy thought and I suppose the focused look on my face makes me look "evil" (as I am told). When I am focused and when I am trying to look a certain way it doesn't seem to translate properly all the time. This is especially hard being a model. When I want to give off a certain look, many times it comes out looking weird. I guess it's safe to say that I'm still actually learning myself. As a personality trait, it just means that I am a focused persona and intentional. I want people to know I'm being attentive to them and care about them when we are engaged in conversation. Sometimes, it doesn't always come through because of my eyes doing whatever they want to do at times, however, I'm proud of it, nonetheless.
  3. My ability to have an authoritative sound. By this I mean because I have a deep and often raspy voice, I am able to sound authoritative when necessary. The tone of my voice often times sounds hard and strong. This is key in relationships, making a point in a speech, and being a mother. While I absolutely love making people feel good about themselves and putting a smile on people's faces and of course making them laugh, I know how to quickly turn it off and get quite serious. My tone of voice and the ability to change it is key. But, I always try to do it with love. In relationships, I have to communicate how I feel and my opinions and certain preferences in order to set a standard. This requires an authoritative voice. As a mother, I must discipline sometimes and express to my son things he needs to know about choosing right from wrong. This requires a serious voice. When giving a speech, I must communicate a point and keep my audience engaged. This requires a strong voice. You can sound stern and people will make no mistake that you are serious, but they are more apt to listen to what you have to say if they hear a sincerity behind your voice. Your tone should always be caring and not overall aggressive unless you are protecting yourself or your loved ones. At least, that's my philosophy and what works for me. I am proud to say that I can use my deep voice authoritatively and with kindness and love in my tone.
By taking the time to think of just three traits to mention here, I must admit, this self-reflection has been good for me. I truly believe that everyone should be able to articulate at least three personality traits that you want others to know about and appreciate about you. I am glad that this exercise has made me find three that I am proud of.

What are your three traits? Comment below to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment