Friday, August 2, 2019

Day 2: 36 Facts About ANDREA

Day 2 of the 31 Day Blog Challenge and I'm being extra!! lol.

The challenge calls for "20 Facts About Me". Howsoever, I turned 36 years old this year, so I'm making a "36 Facts About Me" list. I figured I'm so interesting that a few more facts than suggested might make for a good read, and of course, help each of you wonderful people get to know me just a little bit better.
So, let's jump right in:

36 FACTS ABOUT ME


  1. Zodiac Sign: My zodiac sign is CAPI-QUARE (CAPRICORN/AQUARIUS). My birthday falls on the last day of the Capricorns for some calendars and is the very first day of Aquarius for most others. I guess mostly I am an Aquarius, so if I ever do look at a horoscope that's what I'd check out first, however, I do always look up Capricorn as well. I'm not really into all this stuff so it really doesn't matter to me either way. My friends told me that I was a CapiQuare in high school and I've just kept it ever since. I've recently only met one other person who says that they are a CapiQuare, too. We share the same birthday and she's just turned 17.

  2. Secret Desire: I have a secret desire to run for a local political office within the next ten years. Not very many people know this, so you're pretty special!
  3. Favorite Pets: I can't stand pets! I actually think I have a slight fear of domestic animals. I enjoy going to the zoo and learning about animals, but I don't wish to be in a confined space or anyone's home with ANYTHING that has more legs than me. I even told my son, who wants a puppy, that he could have a pet snake at some point. They have no legs. Get it?
  4. Favorite Holiday: My favorite holiday is Valentine's Day. Save your righteous protests and sexist logic. I love LOVE and I love romance. DUH, it's not just for one day, but I love having a day to creatively show off. By way of a significant side note, if anyone was ever interested, Valentines's Day is also a day that MUST be recognized if you wish to have a romantic relationship with me. #FACTS
  5. Things You Hate: There are a few things that I absolutely HATE wasting in this world. I know exactly how strong of a word hate is. I hate wasting paper, food, money and my time!! And I mean I HATE wasting these things. Please don't waste food around me, don't waste any kind of paper, and don't do things that make me feel like I'm wasting my time. Money waste is a bit harder to determine because I'm always running in short supply, so I keep a pretty good handle on that.  
  6. What Are You Talented In: I have the spiritual gifts of Leadership and Administration. It's been a billion years since I've used them, I know that's a void I deal with in my life. I never believed I had any real talents besides making people laugh or feel special in my presence. Just my thought about me.   
  7. Fears: Since my son has been on the planet, I have developed a serious and growing fear of driving over bridges. It's freaked out a few people when I was driving with them and had a whole panic attack on the road behind the wheel. I'm pretty okay as a passenger, depending on the bridge we're crossing. But, I can't even do narrow roads either. I need a Dr. Phil appointment. 
  8. What Do You Find Attractive in Others? A trait I find attractive in other people is a positive attitude and outlook. I can't stand to interact with people who always think negatively, pre-judge negatively, or have a negative outlook and opinion about everything. If you can't give the benefit-of-the-doubt first, I feel uncomfortable. If you think the worst of people first, I feel very uncomfortable. If you assume something negative before given details or facts, it annoys me and I get frustrated and begin to distance myself. I can not relate. To me, everyone is innocent until proven guilty, nice before they turn evil, and the world is not out to get me. It is very attractive to me if I come across someone who has the same positive outlook on life that I do. We are rare.
  9. Can You Cook? When it comes to cooking, I have the capability, I just don't. I've lived with my mother for the past few years and I've been spoiled by the fact that she does all the cooking and I just buy the groceries. I've often said that I'd never let a man starve. I can cook well enough for you to eat and not get sick or hate it, but I stay in my lane. I know that I'll never win blue ribbons for my dishes, but you doggone sure won't go hungry. 
  10. Tattoos: I don't have any tattoos. I don't see the point of them as a 70-year-old. lol! It just doesn't sit right with me; never has. I went through a phase where I said if I were to ever actually get a tattoo it would be of some unique geometric shape with a hidden message or name in it. But I'm back to not wanting anything inscribed in my skin EVER.
  11. How Tall Are You? I am currently standing at 5'7 feet tall and have been at least 5'5 since the 5th grade. I was the Jolly Green Giant for the better part of my childhood, until high school when the boys finally caught up with me in a mighty way. After I'd gotten over the namecalling in elementary, I began to embrace my height and I liked being one of the tallest for a while. It made me stand out. Made me feel special. For whatever reason, it didn't affect my self-esteem like other things would. Now, I struggle with not being quite tall enough as a model. It's weird.
  12. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? I do not appreciate being afraid or scared. I hate horror flicks and classified scary movies. I get no enjoyment out of images, spirits, and figures jumping out or sneaking up on us from the big screen. NO WAY. NO HOW. NO SIR. I will gladly enjoy a cheesy happy ending any day!   
  13. When I was a little girl, I wanted to grow up to become an astronaut. 
  14. One of the things I most regret in my life is not attending or pursuing law school after graduating from college.
  15. Weird Fact: I have a secret fetish for men's colognes. As a teenager and young adult, I would purchase a bottle or obtain samples from the department stores, and then spray them on myself. I just love the masculine scents so much. I still appreciate a musky, woodsy, clean, and classic aroma on a man and in general.
  16. Missing Anyone Right Now? Lately, I have been missing people from my past who have affected me greatly. I'm not sure why. My cousin, Rev. Alma Blain, and my play aunt, Apostle Shirley E. Henderson. Lord knows I wish they were still here. I feel like my life would be so much better if they were.
  17. Turn Offs: Bad breath, dirty teeth, and poor hygiene, in general, are major turn-offs! May seem obvious, however, SEVERAL characters in my life right now struggle with these things and wonder why I won't kiss them or be around them for extended periods of time. YUCK!
  18. 3 Things that Upset Me: 1.when people crowd the front of the buses when there are available seats and plenty of room to move toward the back of the bus so others can get on comfortably, 2.when a man shows no manners and no chivalry, 3.arrogance and a know-it-all attitude. yuck!
  19. I must confess... I've never seen "The Walking Dead", "Empire" "Power" "Being Mary Jane" nor any other really popular tv show or series. I don't leisurely watch tv. But I also don't feel like I'm missing much of anything either. I'd much rather read a good inspirational book or article, or watch cool videos on YouTube (a new channel coming soon!)
  20. I've always wanted to learn French because I've had a slight obsession with France and my dream of traveling to Paris once I graduate from my mater's program. But, I've never learned. I guess I think it's too late now. Still planning on visiting though. 
  21. Favorite Color: lavender was my favorite color for the longest, but most recently I've changed my mind and have been loving the color gray. I gravitate toward it. I think because I have a personal philosophy that things don't have to be black and white. It's a neutral color, but also balanced and cool, which are traits I hope to have personally in many areas. While it has many negative meanings, I appreciate the positive meanings of the color gray = Professional, Sophisticated, Calming, Dedicated, Dignified, Modern, Neutral, Wise. 
  22. One of the ways I feel creative is when I'm enjoying my hobby of collage making. I can create a message or a statement through meaningful magazine cut-outs, stickers, and scrapbook paper. I truly enjoy it as a personal means for expressing myself and thinking about who I want to be. It's been therapeutic and meaningful for me as a tool I use when journaling. Maybe I'll try to do it for others to see one day.
  23. Favorite Movie: While I have an extensive favorite movie list which includes films that I can watch over and over, and probably know almost all of the words to it, or have dreamed about being in it myself  some point, there is one favorite which has been my favorite probably since the very first time I saw it as a child, and a million versions since = Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Classic. 
  24. Nickname: My nickname has only changed a few times in my life, and I'll never forget the stories behind each. I was called DONUT by my friends at school from the 4th grade until 9th grade. I became MAMADRE in the 9th grade and kept it through college and beyond. Since I've reached my 30's I've developed an annoyance of people who pronounce my name incorrectly and began telling people to just call me MISS ADRE/DREA will never go anywhere, but I have no control over that.    
  25. A phrase I always say... is "You aight...or whateva...if you into/like that sort of thang." lol! It either gets on people's nerves or they laugh it off and will never forget me for being a funny hater. lol!
  26. My life changed forever on January 21, 2014, when I fell in a blizzard and broke my right ankle. I now live with a metal plate, metal rod, and 9 pins where a bone should be. I thank God for the testimony that my ankle reminds me of, especially when I get a little paranoid in the snow.
  27. Before I had my son, I used to sleep naked. I miss that freedom sometimes. lol! Whenever I have the opportunity to stay at a hotel for a night, naked it is!
  28. Do You Have a Nervous Habit? One of my nervous habits is to laugh or giggle. I don't ever mean to be offensive or disrespectful, but please don't ask me "what's so funny?" Nothing is ever so funny, especially during a serious conversation. But sometimes a giggle or chuckle will slip out. Just because I don't have the reaction you want me to have doesn't mean I take it as a joke. My apologies, although I'm working on controlling it. I think my giggle is a cute reminder of how shy and uncomfortable I can be at times. But, I guess I do need to control it more as not to send the wrong message.
  29. I wish I could Live in... a modern townhome for just my boy and I. It must have a yard and a front lawn, as well as a garage. I don't need a lot of space to make a fun and sophisticated home for my boy and I. But I do want us to be comfortable and able to host others, which we both like to do.
  30. I never leave home without... moisturizer or my lips and some gum. Lesson learned.
  31. I spend most money on... experiences. You'd think that as a freelance makeup artist and makeup enthusiast that I'd spend the most money on makeup. However, I actually don't spend enough money on makeup (I need so much replaced in my kit right now!) I'd rather enjoy the movies, Chuck-E-Cheese's, a concert or show, or a dinner date out with my son than get what I really need. I'll never be a financial planner.
  32. I love to stalk... on Facebook. 
  33. I would love to meet... Michelle Obama (she's just the first to come to mind out of many).
  34. Something I'm improving on... is my organizational skills. I am pretty well organized, but I need to take a more minimalistic approach to things now so that my organization (in any area of my life) is simple, easy, and leaves no room for confusion and curiosity.  
  35. A skill I want to learn... is still secretly how to play the piano and guitar. I'm hoping to get lessons for my son so that I can live through him. Poor boy.
  36. A new habit I want to adopt... is sending cards to people. Whether we speak often or I haven't communicated with you in years, I still believe that a personal card in the mail makes such a caring gesture that resonates with people and leaves a wonderful lasting impression. I'd like to be a person who has that effect on people at random.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

So there you have it! That's the list! 36 facts about Andrea! Have you learned anything new about me? From this list comment below what you found most interesting about me.

2 comments: