Monday, August 12, 2019

Day 12: If I Won the Lottery...

If I won the lottery...



As if no one has ever had this thought before.

Now, obviously, this whole dream depends on how much money is won through the lottery. I'm going to assume that we are talking about millions of dollars and this is a big lottery and not a small, Papi-store scratch-off win of a few hundred dollars.



So, my most recent dream about if I were to win the lottery is very detailed and very specific due to my need for a lot of money fast, right now in my life. The best way to get all of my ideas out is to simply list all the things that I would do if I were to win the lottery in bullet form. This list is in no particular order:

I would ...

  • pay my son's school tuition
  • buy a car (Audi, Lexus, Cadillac) 
  • pay my sister back
  • pay grandma back
  • pay my mom back rent (for 4 years)
  • give my siblings a cut
  • fix up my mom's  kitchen, bathroom, living room, and basement in her house
  • fix up something at both of my grandparent's homes
  • donate to my alma mater (Albright College)
  • donate to each one of the nonprofit organizations I work with (too many to list)
  • purchase the fur coat of my dreams
  • by a diamond set
  • buy a wood watch
  • secure several dream trips with my son (Paris, Italy, Rwanda, Dubai, Disneyland)
  • have several dream photoshoots with my bucket list photographers
  • pay off my student loan debt ($70+)
  • make sure my siblings and aunts and uncles had no student loan debt either
  • get the most beautiful, long-lasting weave ever!
  • get lipo surgery for my belly and third underarm
  • pay a personal trainer for the entire year
  • invest in several local properties
  • pay off my best friends' debts
  • have the biggest ladies night ever with tons of drinks, dancers, games, food, makeovers, massages, the works
  • splurge on all the makeup I've ever wanted to try
  • splurge on a new wardrobe (chic and classic and neutral)
  • purchase my dream townhome
  • pay my tithes for a few years (ahead)
  • cover my son's extracurricular expenses for an entire year (piano, acting, karate, etc)
These are the first things that come to mind. I'm certain there are tons more, but I think these all came to mind first because they are the most important to me right now. And these are the things that I've already dreamt of doing. I try not to be as selfish as I think I really am, and I truly believe that I would not be selfish with my winnings. I would set it up so that I got an annuity and would budget the money to be able to do all of the above over time and at the surprise of those to whom I wanted to share it with.

I think I would not initially tell anyone that I'd won anything for as long as I'd be allowed to keep it a secret. I would have a financial advisor, probably a friend, and hold a family meeting when I felt it was time to give my aunts, uncles, and siblings their donations. 
I think I'd have a really solid plan and would keep a level head about myself. 
Maybe one day I'll get to find out.... but, I'm not holding my breath. A girl certainly can dream.

1 comment:

  1. I love that your first thought is everything you would do for your loved ones and Friends, because my list is very similar LOL

    ReplyDelete