Monday, August 5, 2019

Day 5: My Guilty Pleasure

What does Guilty Pleasures mean?
Definition of guilty pleasure: something pleasurable that induces a usually minor feeling of guilt.
It's official definition is:
guilty pleasure
[guilty pleasure]
NOUN

  1. something, such as a movie, television program, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.
    "everybody has a guilty pleasure—for me, it has to be mid 70s disco" 
So,
what is it that I enjoy most but should certainly not really be indulging in? What thing or activity do I value so much that at that moment it takes me away? What is it that I simply would deny a better sense of judgment for and even, more than likely, be taking a risk to enjoy? What is my guilty pleasure?

I had to think on this a while. I'm not certain I have one. The things that I enjoy most in the world are intangible and mainly involves other people. I enjoy experiences and a spiritual connection most in this world. I had to really ponder what I enjoy that I don't get to experience very often, and for whatever reason feel kind of guilty about when I do indulge.

I'm thinking about how something must make me feel in the moment. A moment that I am able to finally enjoy this thing after the guilt of even allowing it. What has such an effect on me that every time I indulge in it, it creates a new memory. Every time I satisfy a desire it is a new experience. Something that is tangible and does not involve others.

I've got it!

Ferrero Rocher chocolates!!!
Ferrero Rocher 5.3 Oz

Yes! That's it! Must be my guilty pleasure. I'm on a diet of sorts and don't get to delight in sweets as of late. I have body goals and a queen has to do what a queen has to do in order to achieve those goals. However, I have been dreaming about that beautifully packaged hazelnut chocolate delicacy. Unwrapping each piece of charmingly wrapped goodness is an experience. The way the unique chocolate and hazelnut blend melts in my mouth is a thrill. Each bite fills my mouth with a smooth, creamy chocolate blend like no other.

It's beautiful, sophisticated, and delicious. I guess, the characteristics I hope to have myself, lol. And, furthermore, I think those are the characteristics I actually hope to leave as an impression on others. 

So,
this must not just be as simple as my guilty pleasure, it's a symbol. Ferrero Rocher chocolates represent so much more than delicious handcrafted French chocolates developed from a family of confectioners. It's a symbol of who I hope to be.

Deep right?

I don't get to enjoy them very often. But, this past Valentine's Day, I made it a point to treat myself. I made up my mind that I was going to get a box of one of my favorite chocolates for myself, even if I said that my ten-year-old son got them for me (since he is always my valentine and has no money). I behaved like it was a special occasion, too. Only eating a few each day as if I were counting down the days to the day. I shared only one or two. The rest remained my treat!

Going to have to plan my next indulgences. I don't think dieting this time around will require me to give up my guilty pleasure... do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment